Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is:
Reasons Why I Love Reading Romance
1. Romances are usually fast-paced to read, even when it’s a slow burn romance.
2. Romances can be funny, sappy, sweet, sad at times, angst-filled, and on and on. There’s no limit to what the genre can make you feel.
3. There are so many different romance tropes that can be written so many different ways. It rarely feels like you reading a book you have already read.
4. I can choose how sexy of a romance I want to read. There’s everything from Young Adult romances to erotic romances.
5. There are so many great series in romance. I can fall in love with a couple and then get to read about their friends or family falling in love in the next book.
6. Romances feel more realistic to me than some other genres, and yet feel more like an escape.
7. I love reading about people falling in love.
8. Reading a romance novel is like watching a 90’s romantic comedy or the Hallmark Channel at Christmas time.
9. I love a guaranteed happy ending.
10. I am impressed with how so many romance authors give back to the community, and so I like supporting them by reading their books.