Hi, friends. It’s been AGES since I’ve done one of these award tag things. The lovely Corina of The Brown Eyed Bookworm nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I thought it would be a fun change of pace, so here we go! Thanks, Corina!
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. (See above!)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
113 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
- What was your best book of 2020?
Oh, boy. This is a REALLY hard one to answer. I’ve read some great books this year, so how do I narrow it down to one? I’m going to go with The Reality of Everything by Rebecca Yarros.
- Who was your favorite author of 2020?
Hm… Again, tough. I think I’m going to go with Rebecca Yarros again because I not only adored The Reality of Everything, but also Muses & Melodies. Add in her backlist books I read this year, and she was probably on top.
- Holidays are coming up, what books would you want to find under the tree?
This might seem weird because I read mostly romance, but I usually ask for celebrity memoirs for Christmas. They’re books I’m not likely to buy myself.
- How do you feel about DNFing books?
If you hate a book, you shouldn’t keep reading it. Too many books, too little time and all that.
- How do you feel about hyped books?
I actually like hype. Without hype, there are many books I wouldn’t have read — especially some great YA fantasy because I am not a fantasy fan. Seeing everyone’s hype for those books pushed me to read them and others. I think it’s a good thing. I don’t let the hype dictate how I feel about a book, though.
- Do you have a reading buddy?
I’ve buddy read with a couple of blogger friends before (Kayla and Debby). I scream a lot to Ari on Twitter about what I’m reading or she’s reading or what I want her to read. On a daily basis, it’s probably my Havanese Winnie.
- How many hours do you usually read a day? And what time of day do you tend to read the most?
Total probably depends on the day. I usually read at night, after dinner until I go to bed. Maybe two or three hours? It depends on what’s going on or whether I’m interested in what my husband or daughter is watching on TV.
- How do you feel about tbrs?
They can be daunting. I try to limit mine. My Goodreads TBR contains between 65 and 80 books at any given time. Most of these are books that haven’t released yet or are upcoming releases I want to read. There are some books that have already released that I want to read, but not many. I take off and add books without feeling stress.
- Do you track your books, or fly by the seat of your pants?
I track them on Goodreads. I like to be able to look back at reviews and remind myself of my thoughts on them. Or look back and see if I’ve read a book. It’s too easy to forget if I have sometimes. Horrible, I know.
- How many books do you usually read a year, and do you feel pressure to read more?
OH GOODNESS. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME ADMIT HOW MANY BOOKS I READ A YEAR. This year is especially bad because we are all stuck at home since March. I’ve read WAY TOO MANY books this year. Can I just say that I surpassed my goal of 200 books on my Goodreads Challenge and call it good? Obviously, no I don’t feel pressure to read more. I would actually would like to read LESS. This year was just so boring. There wasn’t much else to do at times.
- What other social media platforms are you active on?
Goodreads: Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
- What is your favorite romance trope?
- Who is the most memorable character that you have ever read and why?
- Which author do you think has the best overall writing style?
- What is your favorite book to gift people?
- What book, without giving away it away, gave you the most surprising twist?
- Do you like it when authors include playlists with books? Do you actually listen to the songs before, after, or while reading the books?
- What one book would you want turned into a TV series or movie?
- If you had to pick one author to write a story based on your life, who would it be?
- Do you like to binge read book series? Which ones is the last one you binged?
- Favorite new-to-you author you have read in 2020?
- If you had to convince me to read one book, which book would it be and why should I read it?