Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
Books I’d Burn
This week’s prompt was actually books I’d gladly throw into the ocean, but I don’t think we should be throwing anything into the ocean so you get burn instead. Let’s just imagine I need to find some sort of kindling to make fire. These are the books I would toss first. I didn’t like them or they frustrated me to extremes. Don’t hate me if you loved them.
- The Map From Here to There – This sequel frustrated me because the MC reverted to who she was at the beginning of the first book. I needed more of the cute relationship stuff.
- Again, Again – The way this book was written didn’t work for me and I usually love this author.
Again, But Better – I couldn’t get past the immaturity of the MC.
Healed – Yeah, it was just horrible.
- Taking Chances – I hated the love triangle.
- Allegiant – Did the first 2/3 really need to be that boring only to lead up to that ending?
- City of Fallen Angels – This series should have just stopped after book 3. I couldn’t even make it through half of book 5 after finishing this one.
- After – This was actually the first book that came to mind when I saw the prompt. Tessa and Hardin’s “relationship” was not cute. It was emotionally abusive. Honestly, pretty much the entire series could have been on this list.
- The Curious Incident of Dog in the Nighttime – I just remember being SO BORED while reading it for a book club.
- Author Anonymous – 5 stars for the writing, but I wanted to DNF it so badly because it was all about cheating.